Friday, November 5, 2010

Beethoven - Symphony No 7 arranged for Winds - Netherlands Wind Ensemble






Review:
I'll happily express my ignorance and state that I've never heard a recording ofBeethoven in 1823; copy of a destroyed portrait by Ferdinand Georg Waldmüller. Beethoven 7 "reduced" to this winds orchestration -- 2 clarinets, 2 oboes, 2 bassoons, 1 contra-bassoon, 2 horns, double-bass, and timpani. This recording is apparently a re-working (by the Nederlands Blazers Ensemble) of a German publication of the work that has been around since Beethoven's day, though there's no solid evidence for his authorship of that orchestration. On this work, and on the Octet and Piano Quintet, the NBE (a select group of wind players from the Netherlands' top ensembles) do not disappoint. The recording is an absolute delight.--Amazon
 
flac,scans

5 comments:

  1. Dear Otto, I do not know what can happen but I've fallen twice this cd and just down the scans but the music does not go down.
    Can you solve it? Infinite thanks for your blog it's great. Regards

    Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patience dear Carlos all the parts are online try again a bit later or if you have all parts try the winrar repair tool inside winrar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carlos have you tried to unzip into c:/? Sometimes the file names are too long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes! Completely unaware of the procedure c: / but has been unsuccessful. Dear Otto, thank you very much for your generosity and the speed and effectiveness with which I answered. I'm listening to this wonderful cd. Its three pages are the best of the Internet; I congratulate you on your excellent musical taste and I thank you again for your generosity. My most cordial greetings.
    Carlos

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails